Join CloudSensi as a Cloud Solutions Architect!
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at CloudSensei, you will work collaboratively to provide high quality infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform for our cloud and hybrid-cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to engage with meaningful problems facing our customers. Engagements vary from being consultative to requiring hands-on work, and include a variety of areas from workload migrations to experimental infrastructures, hybrid-cloud solutions, and automated CI/CD pipelines. You will have the opportunity to be a thought leader both in and outside of CloudSensei by developing best-practice recommendations.
You will be an established contributor within CloudSensei and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google Cloud sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work. You will demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures successfully. You will also lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions.
Pathway to Success
#BeAChangeAgent: You are a rainmaker! You are way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the spectrum of corporate and enterprise customers that need our consultative services. You have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and take pride in helping them solve their real-world problems on GCP.
You will be measured quarterly by a combination of (a) the volume of signed SOWs that you shepherd through the sales funnel, and (b) the level of customer satisfaction measured at the end of each engagement.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the solutions architecture or management growth tracks.
Required Travel – 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing – This is very customer-facing role. You will usually interact with customers on a daily basis. You will participate on calls and onsite customer meetings to qualify consultative engagements with the engineering teams. You will present architecture proposals and code samples to build trust, confidence, and consensus both externally and internally.
Training – Ongoing with a first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
- Expertise in at least one of the following domain areas:
- Infrastructure Modernization: migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP with near-zero-downtime (includes the full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio.
- Application Development: building custom web and mobile applications on top of the GCP stack.
- Data Engineering: data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools), OLTP/OLAP data migrations, or backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing, traditional on-premises and enterprise data-center technologies.
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams.
- Experience producing technical assets or writing technical documentation, including, but not limited to, architecture designs and documentation, statements of work, project plans, and working code samples.
- Time management with the ability to manage multiple streams.
- Direct experience working with a variety of cloud technologies as well as designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes.
- Understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, relational/NoSQL data stores, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance and security.
- Thought leadership with the ability to recommend cloud-native approaches to solve customer business and technical challenges.
- Understanding of best practices, design patterns and reference architectures with an uncanny ability to recommend these as needed.
We built our core values
on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to CloudSensei’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best
: CloudSensei has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and recently announced, at Google NEXT, as the 2018 Global Partner of the Year
. CloudSensei has also been awarded Best Place to Work
by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!
: Unlimited PTO
, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, professional development reimbursement program
as well as Google Certified training programs.